I’m hoping that you had a great weekend and are ready to take on the world again.
As you can see by the picture above, I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! Well, knock me over with a feather but I’m a tiny bit stunned!! As a novice blogger of just over a year, I didn’t even know blog awards existed but they do and the lovely Miriam, from the fabulous Out an’ About – Adventures On and Off the Tracks , travel blog, has been so kind as to nominate The Mandy Diaries. Make sure you visit her blog for wonderful photo’s and info on travelling the world, especially Australia. Thank you, Miriam, for your kind nomination.
When you are nominated for these kind of blog awards there are rules that go with the nomination.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Here are the seven facts about me!
- I was born in New Zealand but have lived in Australia for 30+ years. My passport still says New Zealand on the front cover.
- My cat, Fev, is my best friend forever and my grown sons know not to make me choose between them and the cat because I will choose the cat every time!
- I love seafood and think that fish is the most boring of all the seafood around. Give me oysters, mussels, scallops, pipi’s, bugs, crab, yabbies, prawns etc and I am happy!
- I am a widow, after cancer took my husband almost 7 years ago. I am still grieving my loss and always will.
- My favourite movie of all time is The Big Chill, closely followed by Love Actually. I know my choices have a lot to do with the music in these movies. I love music.
- I have been suffering from extreme anxiety and depression for the last few years but I seemed to have turned a corner and am feeling more positive about my mental health than I have for a long time. I guess 2016 will be a telling year in my healing process.
- Family means everything to me. Both my blood family in New Zealand and my chosen family here in Australia. My three grown sons are my rocks and my friends are the best in the world.
Now for my nominees – I found this extremely difficult, as most people post 15 nominated blogs. So many of the blogs I follow and love are very well known, with thousands of followers and I don’t believe this award would be a benefit to their blogs. So I am only choosing 5 of the lesser known blogs that I read and love, for nomination. They are as follows –
These are some of a diverse list of blogs that I read and follow. Each is different. Many have beautiful photographs. Some write very honest, challenging words. Give them a visit and see if they are for you.
If I have nominated you and you don’t do awards that’s cool. I just wanted to give you a shout out!
So happy Monday everyone! Mine sure started with an unexpected surprise. Happy reading.